Global New Economy Conference 2019 Held by EO Company Opens in Shanghai
Global New Economy Conference is upgrading with a new name and broader topics. Science and Technology Innovation Board (STIB), 5G, New Energy and Intelligent Manufacture will be covered in the three-day conference.
Global New Economy Conference 2019 (全球新经济年会), one of the major conferences under EO Company (亿欧公司) opens in ShanghaiMart on June 12. With the guidance of Shanghai Economic and Information Technology Commission (上海市经济和信息化委员会), Shanghai Municipal Commission of Commerce (上海市商务委员会), Shanghai Changning District People's Government (上海市长宁区人民政府). The conference that lasts from June 12 to 14 is held under the auspices of Shanghai Changning District Youth Federation (上海市长宁区青年联合会) and EO Company with the theme of "Technological Innovation Leads the New Age of Intelligence".
Wang Bin (王彬), the co-founder and CEO of EO Company gave a keynote speech on the Leadership Summit. As one of the seven sub-conferences that took the lead in the opening, it shed lights on the topics that will be covered during the three-day conference, such as Science and Technology Innovation Board (STIB), 5G, New Energy and Intelligent Manufacture, etc.
“Compared with last year, the Global New Economy Conference is upgrading with a new name and broader topics,” said Wang Bin, “Moreover, we are fortunate to have invited Nobel Laureates in Economics, well-known investment banks, investment institutions and representatives of many new economic entrepreneurs to interpret the new economy.”
Wang added that the inception of STIB has played a critical role in the development of China's science and technology innovation. Therefore, EO Company released the first report at the beginning of this year, earlier than its peers on STIB. During the past six months, the company also made great progress in this topic and published a new report on the rising 100 companies in STIB.
As the conference theme closely related to technology innovation, Wang further explained several key findings in this report.
Through macro-economic data analysis, we found four phenomena:
1. Information technology contributes more and more to China's GDP growth rate;
2. Compared with the US stock market, the participation of the “new economy” represented by information technology companies in China's A-share market is relatively low;
3. China’s R&D investment continues to increase, while R&D intensity is still lower than that of the US;
4. The financial industry is increasing the intensity and pace of opening up.
These phenomena are followed by four characteristics:
1. The industry is relatively concentrated, and biopharmaceutical companies are the most active ones;
2. Beijing has the largest number of companies applying for STIB, the standard one is the most adopted approach;
3. Most companies are profitable and have good growth;
4. STIB companies have strong technical attributes and rich intellectual property accumulation.
Wang concluded that The EO people are digitizing and structuring the accumulated industrial resources and innovation cases step by step. The company strives to create a digital engine of industrial innovation. Furthermore, to launch the capitalization business with awe and prudence, bringing Chinese innovative companies with the international potential to the global market.