During the six months through June, the company generated CNY 44.1 billion in revenue, with a year-on-year increase of 134.1%.
According to CATL's H1 2021 financial announcement:
- Revenue rose by 134.1%, reaching CNY 44.1 billion.
- Net profit hit CNY 4.5 billion, representing a 131.5% growth.
- The company's main products include power battery systems, energy storage systems and lithium battery materials.
- During the reporting period, the revenue of power battery systems amounted to CNY 30.5 billion, representing an increase of 125.9%. The gross profit margin was 23%, accounting for nearly 70% of total revenue.
- Moreover, the revenue of energy storage systems recorded CNY 4.7 billion, showing a growth of 727.4%, and the gross profit margin hit 36.6%.
- The revenue of lithium battery materials hit CNY 5.0 billion (up 303.9%), with a gross profit margin of 21.2%.
- In H1 2021, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology released over 2,400 new energy models in the effective catalog, including more than 1,200 models equipped with power batteries by CATL.
- In terms of sales, CATL's domestic sales hit CNY 33.9 billion, representing a decline of 1.8%, while its overseas sales reached CNY 10.2 billion, with an increase of 5.2%.
- During the reporting period, its operating cost hit CNY 32.1 billion, which extended 133.7%. Among them, the sales expense reached CNY 1.6 billion, representing a growth of 101.1%; its administrative expenditure recorded CNY 1.4 billion, showing an increase of 76%; and its R&D investment was CNY 2.8 billion, with a rise of 115.2%.