2020 Tech Trends Report: Eight Key Technologies, 56 Firms
With an eye on the remainder of 2020, the eight most noteworthy technologies are introduced in detail in this report, followed by 56 related promising businesses and projects.
Technology innovation serves as an essential engine for economic growth. Each new tech area of great significance, such as mass communication, biotechnologies and machine intelligence, has given direction to worldwide changes. Many countries, therefore, are vigorously advancing their research investment.
EO Intelligence has a long-term commitment to researching strategic technologies, innovations and the industrial economy. Fully aware of the significance of anticipating tech trends, the team has released this Tech Trend Report as a reference for multinationals who want to execute smarter decisions for their businesses.
Key findings include:
Eight nascent technologies that will be shaping our near future, and their application.
In 2020 nanotechnology applications, brain-computer interface, digital twin and graphene will enter into mature development.
In 2025 the blockchain, brain-computer interface, and digital twin will be applied in nascent business practices.
In 2030 the 6G technology, quantum computing, and DNA storage will be applied at scale.
The top 56 most noteworthy tech projects or businesses in each tech aspect.
The selection was made based on a five-dimensional evaluation system covering technological consistency, cross-effect, sustainability, innovation, and commercial potential. These selected technologies show tremendous opportunities in six application fields in the coming 3-5 years: communication computing, decentralization, digital intelligence, biotechnology, new materials and new energy.
These eight technologies will be further researched and developed in 2020, while nanotechnology, brain-computer interface, digital twin and graphene will leap into the mature stage. In 2025 blockchain, brain-computer interface and digital twin will be ready for commercial applications. In 2030 it is expected that 6G, quantum computing and DNA storage will be practiced at scale.
- 6G tech is currently under in-depth technical research and is expected to promote: remote connections (education, office, healthcare, driving), full network coverage and satellite systems. Moreover, 6G-based telecommunication will bring forth the virtual world system, integrating virtual reality, actual reality and mixed reality into XR (Extended Reality).
- Quantum computing has entered the 'Quantum Supremacy' phase, aiming to optimize big-data processing and resolving specific computing difficulties. Quantum supremacy and Quantum stimulators will become a top priority in the short-term, while the quantum computer needs more than a decade before widespread use is a reality.
- Digital Twin can be actualized by modeling, simulation and digital threads based on the data-fusion method. By reflecting physical reality into digital data, digital twins can optimize resource allocation in the whole product lifecycle.
- DNA storage can use four nucleobases to code data files in binary and chemically synthesize long chains of DNA by the nucleobase sequence. So far, technical challenges on chemical synthesis have precluded its extensive business application.
- Nanotechnology is a focus for research universities and institutions in biochips, nanoprobes, biochar light labeling, molecular motors and molecular nano-screen. It will bring breakthroughs in bioscience, realizing business value in medical diagnosis, treatment, vaccine development and medicines.
- The brain-computer interface can develop into three technical specifics: interface, interaction and intelligence. These specialized applications mainly function in the recovery-type medical field and some non-medical areas, including education, entertainment and family situations.
- Blockchain, which underpins cryptocurrency, epitomizes decentralized networking, encryption technology and immutable record keeping. It has not fully matured in areas like cross-chain technology, privacy, consensus and supervisory regulations, but is still being exploited in expanding application scenarios.
- Graphene, the best material yet created for hardness, electronic conduction and thermal conduction, has become the research focus in the new materials sector. Now more than 80 countries are conducting graphemic research, competing to become to winning side in the maturing market. This is impacting target sectors like: materials, new energy, digital information, energy conservation, and big health.
With a detailed look into these trendy technologies, EO Intelligence provides a list of 56 businesses and projects in-the-pipeline.
EqualOcean is offering this report through a partnership with EO Intelligence. Click here to download a part of the report and see the tech trends of 2020.
This report is in Chinese. An English version can be provided upon request as a paid service. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.