WeDoctor World's Most Valuable Digital Health Company, Says CB Insights
Healthcare, one of the last holdout, has been going through a worldwide digitalization.
CB Insights has announced the top ten most valuable digital health companies in the world, 2020, including three Chinese companies: WeDoctor, WaterDrop and Yitu Technology. Among them, WeDoctor is currently valued at USD 5.58 billion as the most valuable digital health startup in the world, followed by Tempus, US, and WaterDrop, China, at a value of USD 5 billion and USD 2.9 billion, respectively.
The buzz term ‘Digital Health’ here includes those health care companies that utilize software and technology as one of their core competitiveness, including illness diagnosis, tech-driven medical insurance platform and AI-based tools for drug discovery, etc.
The COVID-19 pandemic is a catalyst that is accelerating the transformation of the global health care industry. According to Startup Health, the fundraising for the healthcare innovation reached USD 9.1 billion in H1 2020 globally, 19% up from last year.
- Waterdrop: The First Crowdfunding Stock?
- Waterdrop and Qingsong: The Trust Crisis Disrupting Chinese Crowdfunding Market
- How Crowdfunding Disrupts China’s Insurance Industry: Waterdrop and Qingsong
- Open Source, Open Mind: Baidu and LinkingMed Help Doctors in Medical Images
- Dozens of AI Companies Launch AI Chips To Win In The Future