On May 13 of 2021, Alibaba released its financial results for the fiscal year of 2021, which shows the performance from April 1 of 2020 to March 31 of 2021.
● Alibaba posted revenue of CNY 717.29 billion (USD 109.48 billion) with an increase of 41%, and a net income of CNY 143.28 billion, a slight increase of 2%.
● The first loss since the IPO showed up in the last quarter of FY 2021, which was the first three months of 2021, due to the antitrust fine by the Chinese government of CNY 18.23 billion.
● The e-commerce sector still remains the dominant position in the revenue structure, even increased its percentage from 82% in the previous fiscal year to 86% this year. Its revenue grew by 72% to CNY 161.4 billion.
● Alibaba Cloud, the second-largest revenue contributor, achieved CNY 60.12 billion of revenue, a 50% increase from last fiscal year. The net losses recorded CNY 9.05 billion.
● The digital entertainment sector, which contributed 4% of the total revenue, recorded CNY 8.05 billion. The least part, the innovation business sector, reached CNY 1.22 billion of revenue.
● It has also been spending more to support its business. During FY 2021, Alibaba posted an operating cost of CNY 125.45 billion, making up 67% of the revenue, marks an increase of 73%.