Segway-Ninebot, a manufacturer of intelligent short transportation equipment and service robots, turned losses into profits with CNY 4.72 billion revenue and all-terrain vehicles officially launched on the market.
According to the interim performance report of 2021:
- The operating revenue rose by 135.72%, reaching CNY 4.719 billion.
- The net profit attributable to the shareholders of the listed company was about CNY 254 million, while it was at loss for CNY 84.296 million in the same period last year;
- The basic earnings per share is CNY 3.66.
- The main reasons for turning losses into profits include the continuous expansion of the market scale of scooters as well as bi-wheeled vehicle, plus with the continuous improvement of sales capacity. In addition, the all terrain vehicle was officially put into the market, bringing better revenue to the company.
- The intelligent electric balance vehicles' sales volume was 208,900, with a sales revenue of CNY 411 million.
- The intelligent electric scooters' sales volume was 1,723,900, with a sales revenue of CNY 3.324 billion.
- The Intelligent electric bi-wheeled vehicles' sales volume was 176,100, with a sales revenue of CNY 513 million.
- The all terrain vehicles' sales volume was 6173, with a sales revenue of CNY 137 million.
- The income of children's bicycle products, accessories and other products exceeded CNY 300 million.
- The R&D investment was CNY 223 million, accounting for 4.72% of the operating revenue.
- 15 technologies or products under research were diclosed in the financial report too, such as intelligent electric vehicle project, intelligent distribution robot project and go kart pro, etc.
Founded in 2012, Segway-Ninebot is positioned as an innovative enterprise in the field of global innovative short transportation and robotics, looking forward to 'simplifying the movement of people and things and making life more convenient and interesting.' It owns Ninebot and Segway, owning over 1000 basic core patents in the industry. In the early stages, No. 9 company was well known in the market for intelligent balance vehicle products, and then its products expanded to the field of intelligent short transportation and service robots.
Segway-Ninebot is an enterprise in the Xiaomi ecological chain and one of the earliest members of the chain. It landed on the science and innovation board in October 2020 and is regarded as the first share offering of 'VIE + CDR' among Chinese listed enterprises.