Low-Carbon Industry Expansion - Key Studies From Chinese Companies
China stands to benefit significantly by transforming its pattern of economic activity towards low-carbon development pathways. Such a transformation is important to capitalize on new growth opportunities for low carbon technologies.
- Solar panel and wind turbine manufacturers are highly dependent on government subsidies
- Most of their financial decisions, including IPO decisions, are shaped based on government policies on subsidies
- The Chinese domestic market for renewable projects is already matured, and the local companies might have more project opportunities outside of China – mostly in the developing world
- Currently, China is one of the biggest NEV markets – in terms of both supply and demand – in which to invest
- Like renewables, the NEV sector is also highly depended on the government subsidies; however, the subsidy cut may actually help to reduce the competition in the highly saturated domestic market – with 500 NEV companies
- 2Executive summary
- 3Low-carbon policy drivers & development in related industries
- 4Drivers of China’s switch to low-carbon economy
- 5Current industry trends
- 6Major players – Solar energy industry
- 7Major Players – Wind energy industry
- 8Major players – New energy vehicle industry
- 9The major player – State grid corporation of China
- 10Future challenges
- 11Challenges for solar and wind energy sectors
- 12Challenges for NEV sector
- 13Future opportunities
- 14 Conclusion & key insights
In this report
From the green energy and NEV sectors
Delineating China's green technology sector
EqualOcean Intelligence is the research and consulting division of EqualOcean. It provides market and investment analysis, as well as advisory services for global enterprises and public decision-makers. Widely recognized across a number of industries thanks to its service capacity and research methodology, EqualOcean Intelligence closely tracks cutting-edge technologies, applying unique frameworks and models to solve longstanding and emerging problems.
EqualOcean Intelligence's scope comprises eight major sectors: technology, consumer, healthcare, automotive, industrials, financials, communication and real estate. With over 100 experienced and qualified analysts at work, EqualOcean Intelligence is one of the few institutions delivering content in both English and Chinese, together with the requisite expertise to interpret both cultures. This rare talent mix is one of the reasons EqualOcean is widely quoted by so many top global publications.
Leveraging two major channels – EqualOcean.com and iyiou.com – and supported by a network of thousands of technology and industry experts, EqualOcean Intelligence is a highly competitive player in business analysis, in China and around the world.