EO Intelligence: 'CATL Research Report 2020'
Between 2015 to 2019, the growth of global and Chinese power battery market shipments was basically the same as that of the new energy vehicle market, with CAGR hitting 36.2% and 42.96% in these two years respectively.
In 2001, CATL entered Apple’s supply chain and established its leading position in the lithium battery industry, laying the technical foundation for its entry into the new energy vehicle power battery market.
Then in 2012, CATL and Brilliance Auto reached a strategic partnership, which proved its product strength in the new energy vehicle power battery market and built a strong endorsement. As of 2020, it has reached a global partnership with EV market leader Tesla. We believe Tesla's global sales performance will become a new growth point for the CATL power battery shipments in the near future.
Following the development trend of new energy vehicles, one of China's power battery companies, CATL, has rapidly developed into an industry leader. The '2020 CATL Research Report' conducts an in-depth analysis of the enterprise from multiple dimensions and demarcates a future development strategy based on the results. We hope to provide constructive development suggestions for related industries and enterprises through this in-depth analysis of representative companies in the industry.
Talking about the business of the company, in the context of YoY growth in revenue, the proportion of the main business has continued to decline, and the total proportion of other businesses has risen. The revenue structure is rich and diversified, and the company's revenue resistance to risks has increased.
In 1Q 2020, affected by COVID-19, both revenue and profit declined YoY. Power battery revenue accounted for an average of over 80%, with lithium battery materials and other businesses accounting for the remaining 20%. Although energy storage system revenue has increased, it has been at a low point.
In this paper you can find:
• The prospects of the 'Power battery' market.
• Insights into the ever-growing NEV market.
• In-depth analysis of CATL.
• Future challenges and opportunities for CATL.
• The future strategy of CATL.