Xiaomi mainly benefited from its continuous expansion of the user scale in key overseas markets and the establishment of extensive and in-depth cooperation with the world's leading Internet companies.
Xiaomi published its Q2 2021 financial results on August 25 2021. It is worth mentioning that the total revenue and adjusted net profit of the firm reached a record high in a single quarter.
- Total revenue in the quarter was CNY 87.8 billion, a year-on-year increase of 64.0%.
- Operating profit was CNY 8.3 billion, up 83.9% year-on-year.
- The adjusted net profit was CNY 6.3 billion, a year-on-year increase of 87.4%.
- Revenue from smartphone business reached CNY 59.1 billion, a year-on-year increase of 86.8%.
- Internet service revenue reached CNY 7 billion, a year-on-year increase of 19.1%.
- Revenue generated by advertisement reached CNY 4.5 billion, up 46.2% year-on-year.
- Revenue from the firm's game segment was CNY 900 million, a year-on-year decrease of 10.7%.
- The revenue from other value-added services was CNY 1.6 billion, a year-on-year decrease of 10.3%.
- Overseas Internet service revenue was recorded CNY 1.1 billion, a year-on-year increase of 96.8%, accounting for 15.6% of the overall Internet service revenue.
- From a subregional perspective, in the second quarter of 2021, the overseas market revenue of Xiaomi group reached CNY 43.6 billion, an increase of 81.6% year-on-year. Xiaomi group ranked second in global smartphone shipments for the first time, with a market share of 16.7%.
- Xiaomi group ranked first in the smartphone market share in Europe for the first time, reaching 28.5%. The market share of smartphones in India ranked first for 15 consecutive quarters. Smartphone shipments in Latin America increased by 324.4% year-on-year, ranking among the top three. The market share of smartphones in the Middle East and Africa was 20.9% and 8.5% respectively.
- The R&D expenditure of the Xiaomi group reached CNY 3.1 billion, a year-on-year increase of 56.5%.
- The sales and promotion expenditure was CNY 5.7 billion, a year-on-year increase of 36.4%.
Adding the previous quarter, in the first half of 2021, Xiaomi's revenue was CNY 164.67 billion, up 59.5% year-on-year. The gross profit was CNY 29.3 billion, a year-on-year increase of 92.1%. The adjusted net profit was CNY 12.39 billion, a year-on-year increase of 118.4%. As of June 30, 2021, the number of outlets in the China mainland has reached more than 7600.