In Q2 2021, the company generated CNY 19.1 billion in revenue, with a year-on-year increase of 48.8%.
According to Kuaishou's Q2 2021 financial announcement:
- Revenue rose by 48.8%, reaching CNY 19.1 billion.
- Gross profit hit CNY 8.4 billion, representing an 89% growth.
- The company's operating loss recorded CNY 7.2 billion, compared with CNY 2.5 billion in the same period of 2020.
- Net loss was CNY 4.8 billion, showing an increase of 146.2%.
- In Q2 2021, the average daily active user reached 293 million, with 506 million monthly active users.
- The cumulative number of interrelated users of the app recorded 12.6 billion, representing an increase of 60%.
- Among its major businesses, its online marketing revenue recorded CNY 10.0 billion (up 156.2%), accounting for 52.1% of total revenue; the revenue for its live streaming business was CNY 7.2 billion (down 13.7%), taking up 37.6% of total revenue; and its other businesses generated CNY 2.0 billion, making up 10.3 of total revenue.
- Moreover, its e-commerce business reached a total of CNY 145.4 billion in transactions, twice as much as in the same period last year.
- In terms of overseas business, Kuaishou announced that the company focused on developing markets in South America, Southeast Asia and the Middle East, with active investment in user acquisition and user activity. During the reporting period, the firm had over 180 million active users in overseas markets.