Kuaishou continues to focus on its brand advertisement and monetization capabilities. DAUs and MAUs both saw significant increases, hitting record highs in recent quarters.
- The daily active users (DAU) of the platform reached over 320 million, an increase of 17.90% from the same period last year; in addition, the monthly active users (MAU) increased by 66.70 million, a record high since Q2 2020.
- On the operating front, Kuaishou's revenue reached CNY 20.50 billion, an increase of 33.4% from the CNY 15.40 billion of the same period last year. Streaming revenue reached CNY 7.7 billion, a 7.40% increase from the same period last year. E-commerce and other services delivered revenue of CNY 1.90 billion, a year-over-year increase of 53%, primarily driven by e-commerce.
- Total GMV of e-commerce transaction on Kuaishou was CNY 175.80 billion, a year-over-year increase of 86.10%.
- According to Northeast Securities, the live e-commerce business will maintain its momentum moving forward. Live e-commerce users reached 384 million as of the first half of 2021.
- Brand advertisements remains one of Kuaishou's strategic priorities. More brands are deploying advertising activities on the APP and are receiving positive feedback in their brand recognition and sales conversion rate.
Co-founder and CEO Yixiao Chen said, "We achieved encouraging results across our businesses in the third quarter of 2021. The average MAUs, DAUs and average daily time spent per DAU on Kuaishou App all reached new record highs... We actively support the development of China's new digital infrastructure and will help to drive the continuous improvement of digital services infrastructure in rural areas. Going forward, we will continue to contribute to industry-wide technological innovation and the overall development of our society, advancing our mission to help people find their unique brand of happiness."