Dianping develops a group buying website for locally found consumer products and retail services.
Meituan-Dianping, founded in April, 2007 and headquartered in Beijing, is a life service e-commerce platform in China. The founder is Wang Xing. Listed on the HKEX on September 20, 2018, the company's major shareholders include Wang Xing and Mu Rongjun. Rivals that have direct and indirect competition with Meituan-Dianping include Alibaba, Tencent, Beyond Meat and Yelp.
ResearchReal Estate, Consumer Discretionary, Industrials
Tech for Global, Globalization Footprints of the Established and the New
ResearchConsumer Staples, Industrials, Financials
Low-Carbon Industry Expansion - Key Studies From Chinese Companies
Meituan's AI-Powered MAI Shop Unveiled in Beijing
MAI is a new retail system from Meituan centered entirely on AI that has been mainly applied in supermarkets, convenience stores, pharmacies, 3C retail and other scenarios. MAI Shop is a foray into wholly AI-focused stores.
Oct 15, 2020 06:15 PM
Meituan-Dianping Turns Losses into Profits in 2Q 2020, Net Profit Up 152% YoY
“The epidemic has accelerated the digitalization process in all industries and will continue to increase investment in new initiatives such as fresh food and ride-hailing,” said Wang Xing, the CEO of Meituan.
Aug 21, 2020 05:49 PM
- Black Swans and Breakthroughs: China's Top 50 Innovative Public Firms in 2020
- Blue Moon: Laundry Detergent Giant Losing its Defensive Barrier [2/2]
- JD.com: 'One-Trick Pony' Gains a Set of Tricks – Initiate with Hold [2/2]
- JD.com: 'One-Trick Pony' Gains a Set of Tricks – Initiate with Hold [1/2]
- Growth and Challenges of Pinduoduo, the Chinese eBay – Initiate with Hold [1/2]